Date(s) - 12/31/2020 - 12/31/2021 - 12:00 am
The library building continues to be open by appointment for in-person browsing and computer use. Our hours have now been expanded:
Please let us know if these times do not work for you. We have staff present in the building during normal business hours, and we may be able to schedule other times. We can also take walk-up appointments if we are not currently serving other patrons.
With Montgomery County’s move into the green phase of the state’s COVID-19 quarantine plan, Narberth Library staff have worked hard to prepare for our re-opening to the public. Please note the following guidelines which are intended to make in-person library use as safe as possible, both for staff and patrons.
- Browsing and use of computers will be by appointment only. No more than two patrons will be permitted in the building at a time. You may call the library at 610-664-2878 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your appointment for browsing or computer use.
- Please note that contactless pickup service will continue by appointment as before, and is the preferred method for picking up library materials.
Where can I go when I am in the building?
- Patrons will be able to access all of our collections, including those in the children’s room, for browsing, and will have access to two of our public computers that are spaced at a safe distance.
- Our bathrooms will be open, but will be off-limits for ten minutes every hour so that staff may sanitize them as needed.
What can I do in the building?
- You may browse our collections, pick up requested materials, use our computers, print, and make copies.
- There will be no seating available, except for computer users. Our tables will also be off-limits.
- Staff will be available for checkout, reference questions, and assistance with locating materials.
How long can I stay?
- We are at this time limiting appointments for browsing and/or computer usage to 30 minutes.
What is expected of me when I am in the building?
- Patrons entering the building must be wearing a mask.
- Patrons must socially distance, staying at least 6 feet away from each other.
- When browsing our shelves, please be cautious about touching materials that you do not wish to check out. Items that are handled but not wanted should be given to staff so that we can quarantine them.
- When using our computers, please be aware that staff will not be able to stand near you and offer assistance as in the past. If needed, staff will do the best we can to offer computer help from a safe distance.
Thank you so much for adhering to these rules. Library staff are very eager to offer in-person services once again and strive to do so as safely as possible.
As always, we will continue to provide updates on library services via our newsletter, website, and Facebook.